Prev: Ye olde Tracks Versus Wheels Next: Re: [Campaign] Criteria

RE: (SG) AAR--RESCUE (Here's the scenario)

From: "Hofrichter, Robert W." <Robert.Hofrichter@V...>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 12:47:39 -0400
Subject: RE: (SG) AAR--RESCUE (Here's the scenario)

For this game, I used my few actual Kra'Vak figures for the on-board
units,
and a scratch-built Kra'Vak light tank.  The Kra'Vak PA were actually
WH40k
Tau (I normally don't use evil empire figures, but I think these look
good
and make fine substitute K).

The NAC and NSL troops were all GZG figures, while the UN were Denizen
troops.  Anyway, on to the scenario...and yes, I did indeed forget to
take
my digital camera.

In early 2193, the Kra'Vak invasion of the Sol system was fast
approaching.
In support of this, the Kra'Vak made several diversionary thrusts
against
major human colonies, trying to bleed off forces that the UNSC needed
for
the defense of Earth.  One of these diversionary operations was the
seizure
of a foothold on the planet of New Warwick.  Unfortunately for the
Kra'Vak,
New Warwick was an important training ground for the New Anglian Royal
Army
and was thus able to effectively eliminate the alien foothold without
the
need of outside help.
Encyclopedia Universalis, 2200 Special Edition, New Avalon Consolidated
Publishers

We were sitting around wondering when we'd finally get a crack at the K,
when the call came in for all troop leaders and top kicks to get over to
the
regimental command bunker.  I hitched a ride with Major Murphy, the
battalion S2.  When we got there, the briefing room was full of all
sorts of
brass, so I found a spot toward the back of the room next to Feldwebel
von
Brautitz, the CSM of a bunch from the 6th GebirgsJaegers that we'd been
running drills with last month.  Even before the briefing started,
everyone
in the room knew that this was it.  What we didn't know was that this
mission was going to have some interesting twists.
Personal Tales from the Kra'Vak War, 2203, Viking Forge Books

That's when we received the call from battalion.  Apparently, the spec
ops
shuttle got wasted on the way in and we were tasked with taking over
their
mission.  The Old Man gave it to me straight-we had to move quickly from
the
beach LZ up to the Royal Hunting Preserve, into serious Indian Country,
so
that we could rescue some civies who'd managed to keep from getting
wasted
by the K.  I issued a quick march order to the platoon and we wheeled
north.
My Hog was in the lead when BOOM, I lost a track on a mine.  That's how
missed being in on the rescue.
Almost Famous-The Autobiography of Major Harold Janson, 2212, Princeton
Press

Aldershire, New Warwick, New Anglian Confederation, April 13, 2193
The Scenario

The objective is to rescue Princess Margaret and to get the most points
with
the fewest losses.  All players lose if the Princess (or her body) is
not
recovered.  Points are awarded as follows:

Getting Princess unharmed off the entry edge	10
Getting injured Princess off the entry edge		08
Getting dead Princess off the entry table edge	02
Recovering box of Royal Tea (each)			01
Recovering box of Royal Picnic China		02
Recovering amphora of Royal Wine (each) 	02
Destroying Kra'Vak AAA weapon			06
Getting at least one Kra'Vak carcass off entry edge	02
Killing Kra'Vak leader				10
For each human trooper in squad killed		-2
The Forces

Each player runs a squad-equivalent infantry unit from one of the
following.
Each squad is assigned a playing card, and when that card is drawn, the
squad is activated.  Cards are shuffled at the end of each turn so that
the
turn order varies.  As enemy reinforcements are introduced, their cards
are
also added to the play stack.

New Anglian Confederation Army, Border Rifle Regiment
Neu Swabian League, 6th GebirgsJaegers (Powered Armor)
United Nations Space Command, 4th Light Infantry Battalion

All squads have Enhanced (d8) sensors; NAC squads have ECM d6 while the
rest
of the squads have d4 ECM.

NAC BRRgt Squad (Regulars-Quality die d8)
Armor: d6	5 with AR/GL (FP 3/Impact d10)	FP d12 (8" Range Bands)
Move:	6"	1 SAW (FP d8/Impact d10)		FP d8 (8" Range
Bands)
		1 GMS/P (Guid. d8/Impact d12)	Guidance d8 (No Range
Bands)
		1 Marksman using one of:
			Gauss Rifle (Impact d12)	FP d10 (16"
Range
Bands)
			Laser Rifle (Impact d8) FP d12 (16" Range Bands)
			HAMR (Impact d12x2)	FP d8 (16" Range Bands)

NSL 6th GJRgt Squad (Regular-Quality die d8)
Armor: d12	4 with AR/GL (FP 3/Impact d10)	FP d12 (8" Range Bands)
Move:	6"	1 HSAW (FP d10/Impact d10)	FP d10 (8" Range Bands)
		1 Plasma Gun (FP d6/Impact d12*)	FP d6 (8" Range
Bands)

UNSC 4thLIBn Squad (Veteran-Quality die d10)
Armor: d6	5 with Gauss AR (FP 2/Impact d12)	FP d10 (10"
Range
Bands)
Move:	6"	1 Gauss SAW (FP d10/Impact d12) FP d10 (10" Range Bands)
		1 GMS/P (Guid. d10/Impact d10)	Guidance d10 (No Range
Bands)

The Kra'Vak

The Kra'Vak start out with the following on the board:

1 Command Claw (LV 1)
2 w/Rippers (FP 3 / Imp. d12, Close only)
	Quality d10, Move d8, Armor d8, Melee d12
	Sensors d10, ECM d4
1 Close Combat Claw (LV 3)
	4 w/Rippers (FP 3 / Imp. d12, Close only)
	Quality d8, Move d8, Armor d8, Melee d10
	Sensors d6, ECM d4
3 Sentry Guns
	FP d8 / Imp. d12, Range 12/24 only
	Quality d8, Armor d8, fires at nearest enemy unit in range, but
	target unit rolls ECM die in addition to range die (take best
roll),
	cannot be suppressed, ECM d6
AAA Installation (Gun and two controller huts)
	FC d10 / Imp. d8, 12" Range bands
	Quality d10, no move, Armor 1 (d12)
	Sensors d10  Cannot be suppressed, ECM d6
1 Krr'chowrr'tak (predator/pet) (LV 1)
	Close Assault only-d12
	Quality d8, Move d10; Armor d10
	Hides in terrain feature, attacks any unit (including K) that
moves
within 8"

Reinforcements
	Roll a d6 at the beginning of each turn.  On a roll of 4 through
6,
a reinforcement arrives from the following table at a randomly
determined
entry point:

1,2	Close Combat Claw (as above)
3,4	Power Armor Combat Claw
5	Power Armor Scout Claw
6	Grav Tank (light tank on first result, heavy on second)

Power Armor Combat Claw (LV 2)
	4 w/Crackers (FP 2 / Imp. d12x2)
	Quality d8, Move d12, Armor d12, Melee d8x2
	Sensors d6, ECM d6

Power Armor Scout Claw (LV 2)
	4 w/Rippers (FP 3 / Imp. d12, Close only)
	Quality d8, Move d12, Armor d12, Melee d10x2
	Sensors d8, ECM d6
Light Grav Tank (LV 2)
	Turreted GAC-2 (FC d10, Imp. d8 / d12)
	Coaxial Auto-Cracker (FC d10, Imp. d12x2)
	Quality d8, Move d12, Armor 2/1 (d12x2/d12)
	Sensors d8, ECM d6

Heavy Grav Tank (LV 3)
	Turreted MDC-5 (FC d10, Imp. d8); AIFC (FP d8, Imp. d10, close
only)
	Quality d8, Move d12, Armor 4/3 (d12x4/d12x3)
	Sensors d8, ECM d8

Kra'Vak Rules

Kra'Vak units are controlled by either the GM or by the following
automatic
rules:

For all units starting on-board that have received fire or have spotted
opponents, and for all reinforcements, if there is valid target within
range
of the unit's weapons but not within close assault range (1x the unit's
base
movement) fire for first action and then either fall back (1-2 on d6),
hold
position (if infantry 3-5, all others 3-6 on d6), or move toward cover
closer to enemy (infantry only on a roll of 6 on a d6).  If the
condition
above is not valid, then roll on the respective unit's table to
determine
each action.

Infantry (Close Combat and PA claws):  If unit in close assault range
(1x
unit's base movement), it will attempt a close assault, otherwise:
1-3	Move toward nearest enemy unit (but stop only in covering
terrain,
if possible)
4	Observe (or Go Into Position, if not already in position)
5	If unit in open, move to nearest cover, otherwise Go Into
Position
6	Fall back (unless in entrenchments, then Observe)

Tank:  If unit is in close assault range of known enemy, it will fire
for
first action then fall back toward nearest friendly unit, otherwise:
1-3	Move toward nearest known enemy
4	Move toward nearest friendly unit
5	Remain stationary (observe)
6	Fall back from nearest known enemy

Command Claw:  If fired at, go into position (1-2 on d6) or fall back
toward
nearest friendly unit (3-6 on d6).  If not fired upon and any unknown
units
in LOS, hold position (1-3 on d6) or move toward nearest friendly unit
(4-6
on d6).

Prev: Ye olde Tracks Versus Wheels Next: Re: [Campaign] Criteria