Prev: Re: Magic Wash Next: Re: Acronym Overload

Re: Merkava Mk.4

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 08:20:05 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Merkava Mk.4

--- KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de wrote:
> A few days ago, Israel revealed the Mk.4 Version of
> its Merkava tank.
> Info and a lot of pictures can be found here:
> http://63.99.108.76/ubb/Forum13/HTML/000879.html
>
> Replace the tracks with grav units and it could be
> straight out of the
> GZG or DLD catalogue ;-)

It's huge and ugly as sin.

And the Mk III was such a handsome tank, too.  With a
very small frontal sillouette.

On a more serious note, that overhang looks like a
wonderful place to put the satchel charge or shoot the
RPG, as a couple posters commented.

Overall, I think the IDF has outsmarted themselves.
To be fair, however, that picture with the crewmen is
a bit misleading, as based on how their weapons were
carried, I doubt any of them are taller than 5' 6".

John

Prev: Re: Magic Wash Next: Re: Acronym Overload