Prev: Re: Titanium snails Next: Re: Titanium snails

Re: [OT] USAF plane nomenclature

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@e...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 06:44:06 -0700
Subject: Re: [OT] USAF plane nomenclature

A couple of quick notes.

An aviation history enthusiast in the Air Force ( I *hope* we have some
in the AF) probably noted that BF-111 is awfully close to to the German
Bf- series from WW2 (the Me-109 started life as the Bf-109 until Willy
Messerschmidt made an ego move).. Maybe.

The 11 missing numeric designations are in use by X-series aircraft.
We're going to bump into WW2 designations this century (P-47, P-51) so
it's a good thing the Pursuit designation is out of fashion.

<

--
These constitutional guarantees can not be estimated too highly, or
protected too sacredly. The reader of history knows that for many weary

http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/lincolnconspiracy/commi
ssionorder.html

Prev: Re: Titanium snails Next: Re: Titanium snails