Prev: Magic Wash Next: RE: RE: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers

RE: Magic Wash

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 16:08:46 -0600
Subject: RE: Magic Wash

I've recently been intoducted to magic wash and have done some 15's and
25's with it in the last few weeks.

Some notes:

Stock Magic wash is 1 part Future to 3 parts water (1:4)

I use two drops (eye dropper) of magic wash to 2 drops water to 1
paintbrush dab of black for dark washes (I use a 000 brush).

I start thin, then slowly add more paint if I feel the effect isn't dark
enough.  For some creases and areas between metal plates I will put 1
dab of black in 1 drop of magic wash.

Detergent helps keep the wash off raised surfaces.  Large flat areas
still have problems with pooling, so I have been selectively washing
areas using a 000 brush to apply wash to the grooves and crevices,
usually just touching the groove will cause enough wash to capillary out
to fill it.

Dark brown is a good color for flesh areas since it is a more flesh
color than gray or black.

Hope this helps.

--Binhan