Prev: Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers Next: Re: [OT] Linking Ammo

Re: [OT] Linking Ammo

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 13:56:08 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [OT] Linking Ammo

--- John Leary <john_t_leary@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com> wrote:
> ... since on Real World deployments we get
> > more ammo than we can possibly fire.
>

> I guess we will have to downgrade your efficiency
> reports!    If you have excess ammo, you are not
> trying hard enough.

Let me remind you of one salient fact:

My experience with Real World deployments came from a
NATO peacekeeping mission.

The locals were no longer feeling terribly froggy
after the 82nd Airborne shot all the local "heros"
during the first six months of the mission.

When our guys took fire, it was badly aimed, from far
away, and we never saw who was shooting.  As a result
we fired off only a tiny handful of rounds.  Our most
exciting incident involved a fairly stupid quartet of
19Ks[1] who didn't know how to safe their coax.  Came
within 8 inches of putting a pair of my buddies into
black bags with headshots.

John
[1]M1 Tankers

Prev: Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers Next: Re: [OT] Linking Ammo