Prev: Re: [OT] Linking Ammo Next: Re: [DS] Photographing Minis

Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 13:42:29 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers

--- Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Heck, one .600 Nitro Express would probably knock if
> flat. 'Course
> thinking about it, did the Marines have a sniper
> with a HMR on board?

For shipboard use?  Not bloody likely.

Have you ever handled a .50 cal sniper rifle??	I
thought you were one of the heavy-duty gun nuts on the
list.  I have played around with a Barrett and it is
NOT something you want in CQB.	You just can't handle
it well enough.

That's before you start in on the problems with
shooting armor-piercing rounds off in a space where
very little 'reacts well with bullets', to quote one
movie.

John

Prev: Re: [OT] Linking Ammo Next: Re: [DS] Photographing Minis