Prev: Re: [HIST??] Culture shock Next: Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers

[OT] Linking Ammo

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 20:49:18 +0200
Subject: [OT] Linking Ammo

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Atkinson" <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com>
> Now, machinegun ammo will be pretty much the same (IMU, as
> in Real Life, my SAWs fire the same ammo as my rifles)
> but linking it is a sonofabitch.

I'm slightly puzzled here. When I was in the Bundeswehr, we sometimes
had to
link up practice ammunition for our MG 3 (aka MG42 to WWII gamers).
Linking
by hand wasn't nice, but we had a small hand-cranked machine. It looked
bit like an old coffee grinder. Feed in the belt from the side, drop in
the
cartridges from the top and crank away	The work went reasonably well
with
that. Does my memory fail me or don't your units have something similar
?

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: [HIST??] Culture shock Next: Re: [sg] platoon stuff and combat engineers