Prev: Re: [OT] Play (unlicensed) BattleTech on-line ... Next: RE: [SG] Culture shock games

Re: (FT) wave guns

From: GBailey@a...
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 08:45:12 EDT
Subject: Re: (FT) wave guns

>> Do you have to plot to fire a wave gun or can you decide to
>> fire it during the fire phase thus allowing you to choose
>> between the wave gun or other weapons?

>As long as you used no thrust and have turned off your screens,
>there's no reason you can't declare either way.  If you're screens
>are up (which WILL need to be written), then you won't be able to fire.

Firing a nova cannon requires no thrusting, but a ship can use its
drive and still fire its wave gun.  As far as screens go, I don't
put one on a ship with a wave gun instead opting for more armor
and/or hull.  But then, I prefer 2 x 180 degree pulse torpedo
launchers over a wave gun (better arcs, fire every turn, no exploding
when damaged, but they do require me to make dice rolls to hit).
I'm liking Phalon plasma bolts more and more as my to-hit dice
rolls suck even more and more.

Re: soccer vs baseball
I'd rather watch baseball anyday than soccer; even the pitiful
Florida Marlins.

Glen

Prev: Re: [OT] Play (unlicensed) BattleTech on-line ... Next: RE: [SG] Culture shock games