Prev: Re: What passport? Next: RE: [OT]Infantry computer training

Re: [OT] What passport?

From: "Donogh McCarthy" <donoghmc@h...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 10:05:39 +0000
Subject: Re: [OT] What passport?

Not quite.

IF you happen to get into an EU country (using whatever type of
passport)
AND you're a UK resident citizen, THEN you can get an ID card in that
country, which means you can travel in the EU without a passport. You
can
enter the UK as well, as you have UK resident citizenship, it says so on

your German ID card.

And you can leave the UK - but only to an EU country, if you don't have
passport, because the ID card shows you to be a resident of Germany.

As in someone who holds dual UK/Australian nationality living
temporarily in
Germany. A really Irish situation <grin>.

*twitch*

Now I'm just confused!

*twitch*

It's a case of you're in, therefore you must have been authorised at the

point of entry, therefore we won't bother you until you try to get out,
unless you're going back to where we think you're from...

And then turn right and Room 101 is first on the left!

*grin*
Donogh

Prev: Re: What passport? Next: RE: [OT]Infantry computer training