Prev: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic re: driving Next: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic and useless celebrating re: World Cup

Re: [OT] Completely off-topic re: travelling

From: JRebori682@a...
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:39:09 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic re: travelling

In a message dated Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:06:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de writes:

> As to danger. In most civilised places, travelling is quite safe. To a
> fair degree, it's the effect of news media that report only on ugly
> incidents that make people apprehensive of travelling. Quite a lot of
> Europeans have the impression that the US is a place of
> gun-cracy
> cowboys and inner-city gangs.

I agree, my comment was strictly tongue in cheek. I only felt even
slightly threatened outside the US once, in the Caribbean, and that had
nothing to do with where I was from. Just never a good idea to walk down
dark alleys late at night, no matter where you are.