Prev: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic re: travelling Next: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic re: travelling

Re: [OT] Completely off-topic re: driving

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 17:10:43 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic re: driving

Allan Goodall schrieb:
> Don't forget how quick you could do that trip, too. I
> used to drive from Toronto to Milwaukee for GenCon. 12 hour drive
(had to
> dipsy doodle around a couple of Great Lakes). The total trip was 1100
km, one
> way. That's like, what, Barcelona to Munich?

Which you could equally well do in a similar time. European Highway or
train networks are in a very good condition nowadays.

> Very true. My Mississippi friends didn't believe I could
> do Toronto to New Orleans (actually, Southern Mississippi, an hour
from N.
> O. ) in two days.
> Toronto to Nashville: 13 hours. Nashville to southern MS:7 hours.
Total trip,
> about 2000 km.

Roughly Hamburg-Spain. And I know a fair number of people who did that
in two days, or even in 24 hours, changing drivers.

Greetings

Prev: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic re: travelling Next: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic re: travelling