Prev: Re: GUN CRAZED COWBOY? Next: A splendid kitbash!

Re: Re: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic re: Europe

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 22:57:18 +0200
Subject: Re: Re: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic re: Europe

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ted Arlauskas" <ted@naxera.com>

> John - You're a braver man than I.  I took two weeks of
> leave doing the "Griswald's Tour of Europe" in February.
> I tried to play it safe after 9/11 and be low key.
> Whenever someone asked me where I was from I replied,
> "Canada."  I figured, "Who would be pissed at Canadians?!"

Just about everybody in Europe had a lot of sympathy for America after
9/11 - including 99% of the Muslim immigrants.

Some of this may have worn thin by February over some of President
Bush's
policies, but I really don't see anyplace on such a tour that would have
gotten you into trouble for being American. Perhaps some chats that turn
into political discussions, but nothing worse.

Being an obvious, careless tourist can attract pickpockets and the like,
but
that's not tied to nationality. They will just as happily rip off an
European.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

PS.Guess it's time to end this thread.

Prev: Re: GUN CRAZED COWBOY? Next: A splendid kitbash!