Prev: Anti-matter Next: Re: Re: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic re: Europe

Re: GUN CRAZED COWBOY?

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 22:47:40 +0200
Subject: Re: GUN CRAZED COWBOY?

----- Original Message -----
From: <DAWGFACE47@webtv.net>

> OKAY, CANUCK, exactly wot is a gun crazed cowby?

Err....
Here the thread is going off into the wild again...

As I was the first to mention the 'cowboy', perhaps it's in order to
clear
up a misunderstanding.

I wrote:
> To a fair degree, it's the effect of news media that report only on
ugly
incidents that make people
> apprehensive of travelling. Quite a lot of Europeans have the
impression
that the US is a place of gun-crazy
> cowboys and inner-city gangs.

I was NOT saying that US-Americans are G-C-Cowboys. I certainly don'
think
that.

What I was saying is that a lot of people here get such an impression
out of
the media, just as people in the US get the impression it's dangerous to
travel abroad because of Anti-Americanism everywhere. Both quite
inaccurate
ideas.

What I wrote was not intended as an attack on anybody. And I apologize
if my
phrasing misled anybody in that direction.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

PS. I'm not a Canadian

Prev: Anti-matter Next: Re: Re: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic re: Europe