Prev: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic and useless celebrating re: World Cup Next: RE: [Pig Tickler

Re: [SG] Chitless Stargrunt

From: Flak Magnet <flakmagnet@t...>
Date: 18 Jun 2002 08:31:13 -0400
Subject: Re: [SG] Chitless Stargrunt

I base all my minis on metal stands so I can use magnets to attach
markers.

You could do the same and then just print out your "chits" on regular
paper and then stick self-adhesive magnetic sheet to the back before
cutting them out.  Then the chits would attach to the bottom of the
bases and be easily swapped out without worrying about the adhesive
getting screwed up.

On Tue, 2002-06-18 at 00:00, Thomas Barclay wrote:
> I was thinking about the whole
> "quality/leadership on the bottom of a
> penny/figure" idea. And I thought of what Jon T
> said to do (to copy a counter sheet onto a
> sheet of self adhesive plastic).
>
> I thought "But the counters are square!".
>
> But then I thought "Jim, I'm a computer geek
> not a ship's doctor, dammit!"
>
> So (after some scanning of full counter pages,
> then some cutting and transparentizing):
> http://www.magma.ca/~kaladorn/Green1.jpg
> http://www.magma.ca/~kaladorn/Regular1.jpg
>
> (Scale to taste - note these are the colours,
> given distortions of scanning and display, off
> the actual counter sheet!)
>
> These are just samples. Now, if I can find a
> source of self adhesive plastic that will work in
> an inkjet (or colour laser if I take it to a copy
> shop), I'll have that half covered. Failing that, I
> guess copying onto a normal transparency film
> would work. But it would lack the advantage of
> the self adhesive stuff - the ability to change the
> figure info just by sticking on a new value.
>
> Still, I think the idea is sound. I've got a gaming
> day arranged for July 13th/14th (Hi Adrian!)
> and I'm going to try very hard to see to it that
> we can play an entirely chitless game by then.
>
> Tomb.
> Thomas Barclay
> Co-Creator of http://www.stargrunt.ca
> Stargrunt II and Dirtside II game site
>
> No Battle Plan Survives Contact With Dice.
> -- Mark 'Indy' Kochte

--Flak Magnet
Hive Fleet Jaegernaught

Prev: Re: [OT] Completely off-topic and useless celebrating re: World Cup Next: RE: [Pig Tickler