Prev: Re: [SG, DS] Combat Engineers Next: Re: [SG] Platoon make up, exoskeleton PA and drones

Re: [SG] Platoon make up, exoskeleton PA and drones

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 02:22:28 +0100
Subject: Re: [SG] Platoon make up, exoskeleton PA and drones

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 10:17:57AM +1000, Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:

>One of the guys here started rabbiting about it being firepower
yesterday
>and it lost me as otherwise why don't SAW's etc all get lumped
together?

In "real-world" terms (as I understand it, not having actually done
this) - having three squads with a machine gun each is more useful than
having two squads without 'em and one with three. One machine gun is
enough to make the enemy keep their heads down...

For SG PA, which doesn't tend to carry much heavier weapons than the
regular troops, it's basically about movement rate. Armour is still a
factor - if your whole squad is PA, you can be prepared to move into
heavier fire than a mixed or leg-infantry squad would be able to handle.

Prev: Re: [SG, DS] Combat Engineers Next: Re: [SG] Platoon make up, exoskeleton PA and drones