Prev: RE: [SG] Platoon make up, exoskeleton PA and drones Next: Re: [SG] Platoon make up, exoskeleton PA and drones

Re: [SG, DS] Combat Engineers

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 02:19:29 +0100
Subject: Re: [SG, DS] Combat Engineers

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 03:26:16PM -0700, John Atkinson wrote:
>--- Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:
>> Now no, when they're down to the size of a 5c piece
>> may be ;P
>5c piece?  Not likely. . .

M67 grenade weighs about 400g, of which about 184g is filler. A 5 cent
piece weights about 3g, so say you get about 1.4g of filler. That's
going to need to be a pretty high-tech explosive, though antimatter
could
do the job very easily. Bury it deeply enough and you can use the ground
as shrapnel.

>> > carried satchel charges, bangalore torpedos,
>> I've head of them, what do they look like?
>I tried to find a picture of 'em, but the demolitions
>manual is locked.  Imagine that.  Someone else
>described 'em already.

http://www.wood.army.mil/577th/diver/images/Bangalore%20torpedo.jpg
http://web.ukonline.co.uk/stephen.johnson/arms/misc8.jpg
http://www.uxocoe.brtrc.com/images/CM%20Photos/bangalore-torpedo.jpg

Prev: RE: [SG] Platoon make up, exoskeleton PA and drones Next: Re: [SG] Platoon make up, exoskeleton PA and drones