Prev: [OT] Nice folks! Next: Re: [SG] Platoon make up, exoskeleton PA and drones

Re: [SG] Platoon make up, exoskeleton PA and drones

From: DAWGFACE47@w...
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 21:47:57 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: [SG] Platoon make up, exoskeleton PA and drones

TYPO!

2 SHOULD BE  3	WHEN I WAS  DISCUSSING RIFLE PLATOONS!

in real life,  the RR platoon and reconn platoon were  merged in the
field, and  acted as  a RRF in base camp.

sometimes  the	weapons  platoons  of the  rifle  companies  were sent
out as rifles (when manpower got low) on a rotating basis from the  NDP
during an op.

they might take 1 81mm tube, site, baseplate and ammo with them, on a
sweep, and load up on ammo.

each rifle  squad  had a HQ squad of 5 or more	bods on paper LT, PSG,
WPNS SL, 2-3 RTOs and a DOC.  might have  attached  arty team or  dog
team.

the  platoon weapons  squad would be broken down into 2 M-60 teams, and
one  assigned to  2 rifle  squads.  the 4 man recoilless rifle team
would  leave the  gun and  ammo in  NDP most times, and hump a 3 M60 (if
there  was one) or be split up and  added to the 2 existing  M-60s
teams. LAWs were carried  when we  did this.

Prev: [OT] Nice folks! Next: Re: [SG] Platoon make up, exoskeleton PA and drones