Prev: Re: [SG, DS] Combat Engineers Next: Re: [SG] Platoon make up, exoskeleton PA and drones

[OT] Nice folks!

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 22:43:24 -0400
Subject: [OT] Nice folks!

Guys N Gals,

I recently posted some scenario cards for
stargrunt by Mike Brown (IIRC) on stargrunt.ca
and have a broken link to Phil Pournelle's
infantry costing system for SG2. Not wanting to
mirror content without permission, I went in
search of Phil P. I posted to this list (which Phil
used to be a member of). No luck.

Then laserlight (repository of a potpourri of
odd facts) put me on to jerrypournelle.com and
I dropped Mr. Pournelle a line (ISO Phil, his
son... yes, that's right.... son of a famous Sci-fi
author).

Turns out Phil is serving as OPS aboard the USS
Duluth. That'll keep one very busy! That and
family have kept him from participating much in
the GZGverse lately.

Phil generously did grant me permission to
mirror his EW rules for FT and his point system
for SG, both of which will be appearing (along
with some Atkinsonia - some of John's work on
Mercs) shortly on stargrunt.ca as my schedule
has slackened up a bit (I believe the
colloquialism is "indefinitely leisured"). I can now
catch up the long-dormant contribution queue
and get some lead painted... (There is an
upside to every turn of events!).

Anyway, the long and the short of it: There
should be some new content (and old content,
refurbished) appearing on stargrunt.ca over the
next two weeks and I thought everyone should
know what a decent guy Jerry Pournelle is. A lot
of "celebrities" would have just ignored my e-
mail, but he hooked me up with Phil in a very
expedient manner. It is nice to see celebrity and
fame don't necessarily destroy decency! And
Phil taking some time out of his busy schedule
to respond positively was really wonderful as
well.

Tomb
http://www.stargrunt.ca
Thomas Barclay
Co-Creator of http://www.stargrunt.ca
Stargrunt II and Dirtside II game site

No Battle Plan Survives Contact With Dice.
-- Mark 'Indy' Kochte

Prev: Re: [SG, DS] Combat Engineers Next: Re: [SG] Platoon make up, exoskeleton PA and drones