Prev: Re: [FMA] OU take the interstellar Cup Next: Re: DS2 vehicles vs. infantry

DS2 vehicles vs. infantry

From: "Tomb" <tomb@d...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 11:28:23 -0400
Subject: DS2 vehicles vs. infantry

John the rarely-speechless said:
Of course, I'd also argue that the infantry should get
to shoot first since historically it's blinding stupid
and effectively suicidal to drive into close combat
with infantry that are willing to stand their ground
and have effective antitank weapons.  Of course the
Infantry should have to pass a morale check as usual.
:)

[Tomb] True enough. As someone who has seen tank stalking with a variety
of weapons (from light anti-armour weapons, through man-portable and
vehicle portable recoilless rifles to GMS/P), usually the tank gets very
little warning of infantry. OTOH, start to include modern sensor suites
(and those of 2183) and the argument may well change. I can see a
justification for either.

OTOH, to take up the original posters point:
I'd say that if John's theory holds true, the vehicle (stationary) APSWs
should fire on the infantry first. Infantry who move in the open towards
tanks (as opposed to through woods) will find it is blinding stupid and
effectively suicidal. ;)

I'd say whoever launches the assault probably has to take enemy chit
draws first (or standard infantry firefight opfire if the assault is
launched against troops who could do so). At the very least, in the
mentioned scenario, I'd have let APSWs chew upon the offending infantry.

Our known list of vehicle generator bugs/issues:
1) You can't design MICVs (due to infantry counting as a weapon). This
is the rules, but it bites.
2) You can't design a quad APSW jeep. APSWs count as weapons. This is
the rules, it bites.
3) Conventional boats should be able to have non-FGP powerplants. This
is just broken.
4) Reactive (and probably ablative) armour is broken. It charges 10%,
not 10% per level as the rules require.
5) Multiple arty weapons don't seem to get multiple ammo supplies. And
you are limited to two ammo types.
6) You can actually generate armour -1 on the side of a vehicle (sneeze
at it and it explodes... must be a Pinto)

There may be more. It's a great tool. I wish I had the energy to help
fix these. Maybe I will soon :)

(After I get Sr. Atkinson's TO&Es up).

Prev: Re: [FMA] OU take the interstellar Cup Next: Re: DS2 vehicles vs. infantry