Prev: Re: [SGII/FMA] Fire Hawk Down Next: Re: [FT] Attack of the Death Star II AAR

Re: Away with ye, foul Chits of Doom!

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:27:41 -0500
Subject: Re: Away with ye, foul Chits of Doom!

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 09:52:07 -0400 (EDT), Roger Books
<books@jumpspace.net>
wrote:

>So how do you plan tracking which units have activated with these
>chitless paperless systems?

Good question!

The easiest way is with activation markers! In FT you place a marker
when a
ship has been fired ("activated") in combat. Do the same with SG2. Only,
keep up apperances, use small rocks. I bought a bag of landscaping
gravel from
Wal-Mart or Home Depot. It was something like $3 for 20 lbs of gravel.
In it,
I got big chunks I use as boulders. There are plenty of others that are
pebble
sized that could be used as activation markers (I have a big tub full of
useful rocks, and I _still_ have half a bag left!). Plop a rock beside
the
squad when it's activated, pull the rocks at the end of the turn. Just
make
sure the rocks are "noticable" with regard to the rest of the terrain.

Here's another idea. Assuming you have some sort of marker on the table
for
these things, like the "rally point" base you put the leader figure in,
you
could always indicate one side of the base with a shrub or something.
That
shrub, facing "north" (pick a table edge) is unactivated, rotated 180
degrees
is activated.

You could do the same with figure facing. If the leader is facing
"north",
it's unactivated, if facing south then the squad has been activated. The
problem with this is that we all know figures get knocked over. It's a
lot
harder to rotate a base.

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"
 - from the Random H.P. Lovecraft Story Generator:

Prev: Re: [SGII/FMA] Fire Hawk Down Next: Re: [FT] Attack of the Death Star II AAR