Prev: Re: [FT] Attack of the Death Star II AAR Next: Re: FT-EMP/NEEDLE WEAPONS

Re: FT-EMP/NEEDLE WEAPONS

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 11:56:40 +0100
Subject: Re: FT-EMP/NEEDLE WEAPONS

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sean Bayan Schoonmaker" <s_schoon@pacbell.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 6:34 PM

> On 6/12/02 3:26 AM, "Bif Smith" <bif@bifsmith.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Any comments?
>
> Why not just have a standard way to read the SSD (i.e. left to right,
top
> bottom) and roll for the random hit. It would need no addition to
existing
> material.
>
> Schoon

That is the idea I was thinking of, but instead of using the SSD, and a
random die roll, we have just a simple list at the bottom.
EG-Trieste SDD

Cl1-Cl2-SML-AMMO-PDS-FC-FTL-ENGINE-ENGINE

A attacker would not have this list, but would be told the total number
of
systems (in this case 9), and would chose which number he would attack.
He
could say "knock out number 6" (FC, ouch), or "knock out number 9"
(engine).

Simple and easy. Also, having a system like this where the attacker
doesn`t
know what system is being disabled would require upping the dammage
potential/effectiveness of needle beams and the like due to not being
able
to actually select the system you are targeting any more.

Prev: Re: [FT] Attack of the Death Star II AAR Next: Re: FT-EMP/NEEDLE WEAPONS