Prev: RE: Lead Rot Next: Re: landings (SG/DS)

landings (SG/DS)

From: "Tomb" <tomb@d...>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 12:41:54 -0400
Subject: landings (SG/DS)

John S continued the discussion thus:
> 3. I still think dropcaps will be faster time-
> to-ground than a lander. Let's say you want
> to insert your force on top of an enemy
> outpost to hit them before they can really
> figure out what is happening. That's one
> case.

Then surely this wouldn't be unopposed? Gets back to the need to /
reasons for scatter....

[Tomb] Imagine I'm arriving at an outpost and want to attack with
surprise. The attack isn't opposed because the enemy on the ground is
mostly infantry without significant ADE. But if I don't get down there
fast, he'll wake up, dig in, and be a pain to root out. If I get down
fast enough, he's caught in a state of less than full readiness and I
have a good chance of taking the objective. And because dropcaps are
"the fast route" to the ground, I'd figure they'd still be a preferable
option here.

Prev: RE: Lead Rot Next: Re: landings (SG/DS)