Prev: Re: DS2 design querIES - NPC (Native People's Circle) Next: Re: DS/SG Landings

Re: DS/SG Landings

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 11:00:01 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: DS/SG Landings

--- Robert Minadeo <raminad@earthlink.net> wrote:

> > If your intention is to grab and hold territory,
> you want to go in fast
> > with large numbers and elite forces to overwhelm
> the defenders. Once
> > the objectives are taken, you can ferry in the
> garrison forces and
> > remove the Space Marines at your leisure.
>
> Would not surprise me to see things done this way
> but it would be prudent to
> be able to recover the assault troops if the
> defenders are not quite so
> overwhelmed as your staff assured you they would
> bee.
>
> In other words under this line of thinking the
> assault force is operating
> similar to WWII airborne forces, "victory or death.

Shouldn't be an either-or situation.

You have X amount of landing craft/shuttles.  You have
many more cheap disposable drop capsules.  You use the
drop caps to land lots of powered armor troops, plus
you use the shuttles to land heavier equipment.  If
you need to pull out, you're pulling out a lot less
troops than you landed and landing a larger first wave
helps improve the odds that you won't have to pull
out.

John

Prev: Re: DS2 design querIES - NPC (Native People's Circle) Next: Re: DS/SG Landings