Prev: Wargames Posters Next: Re: PCS/NPCS AND LADY LUCK

PCS/NPCS AND LADY LUCK

From: DAWGFACE47@w...
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 06:20:13 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: PCS/NPCS AND LADY LUCK

we have used a luck roll for PCs  and important NPCs in our games for a
long time, then it fell into disfavor with some  when the different
levels of hero and damage  was introduced with 40K; RT.

i myself still prefer the luck roll  over the  fixed number of extra
lives for PCs and NPCs.

we use it  with any game  system  we want to for, as JON put it,
cinematic feel.

method one;  before game  start the PC/NPC is  assigned 1D6+1 luck
points that are  expended one at a time as the player wishes to avoid
wounding or death.
when thes luck points are  expended, the  PC's/NPC's luck has run out.

method two;   before the game 2D6 are tossed to establish a pool of luck
points. these are used to modify the dice roll	that would cause a wound
or death to  the PC/NPC as the player wishes. when al the luck points
are expended, the PC's/NPC's luck has run out.

method three;  yea ancient DONNY FEATHERSTONE and beyond 1D6 or 2D6
saving throw number (say 7). this is an unmodified number  rolled each
time the PC/NPC is  hit to avoid wounding or death. when the number is
not rolled successflly, the PCs'/NPC's luck has run out.

all all cases when the PC/NPC runs out of  luck it is for that game
only. so if  wounded, after recovery, they get another luck point pool.
if killed, they are just dead but not  forgotten.

 i do not remember who came up with the idea  of the luck points pool as
compared with DONNY FEATHERSTONE'S   saving throw, but it appeared in
the late 70s or early 80s in our gaming.

Prev: Wargames Posters Next: Re: PCS/NPCS AND LADY LUCK