Prev: [OT] Star Wars Geek Humour Next: Interesting (if expensive) Pewter Figures for Star Wars

RE: [FT] Death Star II scenario

From: "Dean Gundberg" <Dean.Gundberg@n...>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 17:13:57 -0500
Subject: RE: [FT] Death Star II scenario

> > One of my friend is planning to do a Full Thrust game this sunday.
This
> > will be his last game before he get married. Hopefully, there
> will be other
> > game after :)
> >
> > Anyway, he plan to do a mega game with 4-5 players and do the
> attack of the
> > Death Star II. I'm looking for hint from people here about
> things to avoid
> > or do to help him with his scenario.
> [...]
> > Any idea about hull size and weapon mix will be appreciated.
> Like I said,
> > it may not be a legal design by the book. We just need something to
> > approximate the movie and be FUN!
>
> Greetings, Yves,
>
> I don't know if you've looked here yet:
>
> http://www.star-ranger.com/SRStuff.htm
>
> but Dean has some good rules/ship sheets already generated for
cross-over
> games that include Star Wars genre ships. You might poke around in
there
> (look in the Crossover 2000 game link; the Crossover 1999 link seems
> not be valid right now - Dean?). If anything it should give you some
ideas
> on Star Destroyers and the like. I don't know if he's done anything
with
> the Death Star itself (may be too far out of scale with everything
else,
> being that it's "the size of a small moon" and all).

Thanks for the plug Indy.

Crossover 2000 is the only thing up right now.	1998 and 1999 have not
been
moved over to the new site yet and 2001 along with the rest of GenCon
pictures are still not up but I hope to have them up someday this
century
(98 years to go). 2000 does have examples of all the Star Wars Empire
and
Rebel ships including the Super Star Destroyer.

Those ships are my interprtations of them, others will vary.  They were
designed with fun in mind and balance so they might be slightly off from
cannon facts.  How would I run a DeathStar II game, I'd make one edge
the
Death Star and fighters have to get there.  When the DeathStar starts
firings, it shoots at a single ship.  Roll 3d6, on a 3 it takes 40
points of
damage, every other result means it is blown to bits. ;-)

So what is in store for Crossover 2002 at GenCon? (I'm still not
officailly
attending but the 2 games scheduled are sold out) Its called "Sci-Fi
Crossover: Federation and Empire?"  Everyone's favorite Starfleet has to
take on the Empire......not the Klingon Empire though, they fight the
Palpatine's Empire and its Star Destroyers.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://www.star-ranger.com

Prev: [OT] Star Wars Geek Humour Next: Interesting (if expensive) Pewter Figures for Star Wars