Prev: [OT]/[SGII]/[DSII] D(SII) day Next: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING

Re: [FT] Small Craft and Customizable Fighters (long)

From: Charles Taylor <nerik@m...>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 18:23:15 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Small Craft and Customizable Fighters (long)

In message <20020605213308.GA1662@firedrake.org>
	  Roger Burton West <roger@firedrake.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 06:54:14PM +0100, Charles Taylor wrote:
> >Customisable Fighters
>
> [snip interesting stuff]
>
> Looks good, but I have one big problem with this: you're ignoring
> multiplicative effects. Looking at it in terms of combinations of the
> classic fighter types, having one Fast group and one Attack group will
> be worth less than having one Standard group and one Fast Attack
group,
> because the Fast Attack group is a more effective weapon - it can get
> more firepower to where it's needed more quickly.
>
> I'd be inclined to cost custom fighters on the basis of
> (firepower cost) x (movement+endurance+defence cost), with appropriate
> factors to keep the numbers reasonable.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Roger (gradually catching up on the list after having been away for
five
> days)

Actually, the last time I proposed multiplicative effects for
customisble fighters, all the comments I got said to just stick with
adding points - so this time I did :-)

But I'll see if I can work out a version based on your formula.

Charles

Prev: [OT]/[SGII]/[DSII] D(SII) day Next: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING