Prev: RE: PCS/NPCS AND UNLIMITED SCENARIO IDEAS Next: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING

RE: Stargrunt for beginners ?

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 10:09:37 +1000
Subject: RE: Stargrunt for beginners ?

G'day,

> I wanted to suggest the following data values:
> Regular quality, veteran for the power armour guys.

We'd have a chance of green figs too, but that's personal taste really.

> Assault rifle: FP2	IMP D10
> Laser: FP D12 IMP D8
> Heavy Laser: FP D12 IMP D8*

The FP of the laser seems pretty high, but then I know squat about
military
lasers ;)

> The figure with the camera could be a scout with an advanced sensor,
> the data pad guy EW troopers. Does having 2 EW troopers make sense
> against the opposition (see below) ?

I'd actually steer clear of EW in a learning scenario.

> Platoon HQ squad:
> 5 soldiers: Platoon leader, medic, sniper with laser rifle,

I'd probably skip snipers first up too.

> Would these forces be reasonably balanced ?
> Or should the mercenaries be given extra advantages - defensive
> position, more snipers (I can re-define 2 of them to snipers) ?.

A defensive position couldn't hurt given their lack of armour, but I
wouldn't give them snipers (at least in a first try of the game).

> Chris is also working an a small support vehicle, a glider with a
small
> cannon. If he gets this finished, any suggestions for balancing it ?

I'd probably also leave vehicles out of a starting scenario too.

You may want to stick with morale as is being a new game, but morale
like
that of Allan Goodalls can be good too (sorry don't have the url handy).

Cheers

Prev: RE: PCS/NPCS AND UNLIMITED SCENARIO IDEAS Next: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING