Prev: RE: Independance Day Next: RE: [SG] conversion for WWs

RE: [SG] conversion for WWs

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 17:19:17 +1000
Subject: RE: [SG] conversion for WWs

G'day,

So far we have

Bolt-action rifle:
Brendan: FP:0.5, I:d8
Laserlight: FP:0.5, I:?
Adrian: FP:0.5, I:d8 or d10

Tommy guns:
Brendan: FP:d4 or d6, I: d8
Laserlight: like an AAR
Adrian: like a submachinegun

So it looks like
Bolt-action: FP:0.5 and I:d8  (though one dumb question... if a hunting
rifle gets an FP1 in SG why only a 0.5 for a bolt-action are they worse
still or is this a factor to do with it being WWII vintage?)
Tommy gun: FP:3 and I:D6 and restricted to 2 range bands (i.e. not close
only, but not much better - by the way went for FP3 for now this may
change
if I can ever save up to get the machine gun figs)

Turning to Adrian's post:
> Owen (that was the WWII Aussie SMG, wasn't it?) - FP:2 IMP:d6

Umm could well be it rings a bell... I'll ask Derek when I get home.

> Lee Enfield Bolt Action Rifle - FP:0.5 IMP:d10
> Springfield '03 Bold Action Rifle - FP:0.5 IMP:d10
> M1 Garand Semi-Automatic Rifle - FP:1 IMP:d10
> Browning Automatic Rifle - FP:d6 IMP:d10
> Sten SMG - FP:2 IMP:d6
> .50 Machinegun - use as RFAC 1
> Boys antitank rifle - use as HAMR
> BREN light machinegun - FP:d8 IMP:d10
> Thompson SMG - FP:2 IMP:d6

Thanks for all those.

> I wouldn't given any standard WWII
> weapons that I can think of an FP3 rating.

Like I said for now I'll use them as FP3, but this may drop back to FP2
fairly quickly depending on how things go.

> No idea.  I don't think I'd normally go this far back using
> SG rules.  At least, not for trench warfare...  That would
> just be UGLY in SG terms.

Sounds like a challenge to me ;P

I was thinking of treating the "mad minute" as an SMG or SAW with FP:D6
and
IMP:D8 at least as a first cut.

> Hope this helps :)

Muchly thanks!

> (ps - Ok, so where there any terms/acronyms I should have explained ;)

Nope everything's fine thanks... I still glaze over when people start
talking about ammo sizes, but that's my problem not yours ;)

> I've got a bunch of WWII 25mm figs that are really nice, and
> just screaming out for some paint...

Must be pretty noisy ;)

>Been thinking about doing SG-WWII for a while...
>
> Have fun, and let us know how it goes :)

Will do. It probably won't happen for a fortnight or so though as I have
finish the paint jobs and Derek has a big NSL vs Imperial Guard match
coming
up (well by our standards...he had a decent chunk of our ping pong table
covered with troops and vehicles all lined up when I got home last
night, I
don't think either of us had realised how much he'd slowly scrabbled
together over the last few years!) so it will have to wait until after
that.

One last question. How do the grenades of WWII compare to grenades of
today
- I'm trying to avoid asking Derek so I can surprise him with my
cunning...
well surprise him at any rate ;)

Thanks

Prev: RE: Independance Day Next: RE: [SG] conversion for WWs