Prev: Re: DS2 design querIES - NPC (Native People's Circle) Next: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING

Re: MY BUDDY

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 16:21:48 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: MY BUDDY

--- DAWGFACE47@webtv.net wrote:

> this is a scenario  which requires one gamer to be
> an absolutely
> ruthless bastard of the first magnitude to win, and
> the other gamer to
> be willing to risk it all to win.

> D. GM will now dice for each BLUE trooper to see who
> is hit by RED
> gunfire. i use a simple 1D6 per trooper,  and  read
> the dice thusly.
> 1-3 MISS! 4-6 HIT!

Far Ambush, obviously.

> F. GM now tosses 2D6 for  each surviving soldier,
> and then moves them
> toward the  BLUE treeline that many inches!  wot as
> happened is that
> BLUE survivors, upon being ambushed, have bugged out
>  for the safety of
> their  treeline without stoping to assist any
> wounded buddies.

Bad reaction--should have gone the _other_ way. . .

This is kind of a sick scenario--and entirely
realistic.  I'd like to run it some time.  Don, make
note!

If you've got a force like US troops who have a
serious obsession with recovering bodies of KIAs as
well as those they can save, it gets even more
interesting.

John

Prev: Re: DS2 design querIES - NPC (Native People's Circle) Next: Re: POLITICIANS AND OTHERS IN GAMING