Prev: SCENARIOS Next: Re: MY BUDDY

Re: DS2 design querIES - NPC (Native People's Circle)

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 16:17:17 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: DS2 design querIES - NPC (Native People's Circle)

--- Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@juno.com> wrote:
> Found a old draft....

> I'll keep that in mind.  The Arty area is still
> fuzzy for the NPC.  I
> would assume a majority of MLRS or (non-MD) tube
> Medium Artillery with a
> reasonable amount (10-15%) Heavier pieces and
> possibly RAM Mortars on
> board integral to a combat team but opinions
> solicited.

I'm quite fond of artillery, but then again I'm
biased.

My favorite scenarios are pretty set-piece and hence
artillery is essential.  Fighting a maneuver battle,
artillery is most useful for the fun special munitions
you can throw all over the place.  That and it's great
to dig out infantry before they get into hard cover.
Tanks shouldn't hold still long enough to get too many
rounds on them.

> Not thrilled that way but the 4 cap for GMS/H and
> the desire 'not to
> waste a cap' means the TD/possible Tank was Size 4,
> GMS/H x 4, Integral
> Fire Team[Per Platoon: 1 APSW, 1 LAD, 2 Infantry]
> for close in defense.

Wow.

That's a lot of GMS/Hs.  Are you using a houserule
that allows you to target multiple targets from one
vehicle?  If so, hooray, you've got a bloody scary
vehicle with some strange tankriders.

If not, you're wasting a really spectacular amount of
points for nothing.  You don't often need to throw
more than 2 GMS/Hs at 1 target, even if it's got PDS
and ECM at a reasonable level.	Doesn't hit every
time, but often enough to get your point across.

John

Prev: SCENARIOS Next: Re: MY BUDDY