Prev: Re: AMERICANS Next: Re: AMERICANS

Re: Names and nationalities

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 20:39:45 +0200
Subject: Re: Names and nationalities

----- Original Message -----
From: "Glenn M Wilson" <triphibious@juno.com>
> I know a woman whose Finnish Grand Father-in-law (that correct?)  was
> told (after a  tired New York immigration official said, "Norman or
> Nomen, I don't care.	If you want off this Island your name is now
> Norman, I ain't in the mood to correct all this paperwork...")
basically
> this is your new name in America.

I have variously read similar stories about New York immigration - at
least
in the old times.

> So this has gone way off topic  --   so in a vain effort to relate --
> does anyone have an characters you have used in scenarios designed to
> shake up the	stereotype of the NAC, NSL, LLAR, etc?	Say, a Noam
> Nakamura, a Sven Garcia, or a Swarnamuki Silverstein?

I have got some ideas for NSL troopers - once I get a platoon, not
entirely
my top-priority project.

It's already happening in real life in Germany. Two prominent
footballers
(soccer players) go by the name of Mehmet Scholl and Miroslav Klose
(that's
the one with the three goals against the Saudis - seems our team can
play
well at least against a 3rd world country)

Older waves of immigration have led to French, Polish, Bohemian etc.
names
integrated into Germany.

Greetings
Karl Heinz