Prev: [FH] FCT founding talk Next: Re: Names and nationalities

Re: AMERICANS

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@e...>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 11:10:08 -0700
Subject: Re: AMERICANS

That's an oft-overlooked point about Roosevelt and the Lend Lease
program. He very effectively used our funding of Britains war with
Germany to strip the Empire of it's Western hemisphere possesions
(Bermuda and Iceland) and most of it's financial reserves as well as
applying pressure on Commonwealth trade protection.

This is very possibly a motivation for the formation of the NAC -
Britain gettings some of it's own back. Churchill would be proud.

Frankly, the idea of a formal coalition of the English speaking peoples
appeals to me, given a strong written constitution.