Prev: Re: [OT] Invading America Next: Re: Many things - mostly very late aviation

Re: [SG] Hostages

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 21:57:54 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [SG] Hostages

--- Alan and Carmel Brain <aebrain@webone.com.au>
wrote:

> > The biggest thing that foreigners fail to
> comprehend
> > about Americans is that you mistake natural
> > peacableness with cowardice.
>
> Natural peaceableness? This from the Full Metal
> Atkinson?

Naturally peaceable sheep require a few sheepdogs on
the payroll to eat the wolves.

> Now I haven't marked this "Off Topic" because in SG,
> it isn't.
> What happens when you're dealing with a Guerilla War
> in SG?
> When "civilian" is a category including the
> innocent, friends,
> and enemies masquerading as the uninvolved?

NRE response:  Take the citizenry and deport them.
Preferably to a loyal planet.  Load the village up,
take 'em to a processing center, and weed out all
suspected guerillas.  Send the rest on to Planet A.
Take the suspected guerillas and do further
interrogations (drug-assisted if necessary).  Send
reliable ones on to Planet A--one threatened by
another threat, or frontier in need of colonists.
Send questionable ones to Planet B and have the local
police watch 'em for criminal activity.  Probable
guerillas, take 'em out back and shoot them.  Then
give retired Roman Army veterans land grants on the
planet and start importing loyal (and well armed)
colonists.

Amnesty International does NOT like the NRE one little
bit.

John

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: [OT] Invading America Next: Re: Many things - mostly very late aviation