Prev: Re: [FH] americas Next: Re: Fir-Built Frigates

Re: [FH] americas

From: Randall L Joiner <rljoiner@m...>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 01:44:09 -0400
Subject: Re: [FH] americas

Gas...	Gas heaters...	Or electric.

That being said, there are still lots of oil heaters in the northern
sections, like Mass.  They even had a nasty shortage up there a winter
or
two back.  Caused an aweful lot of problems, but no one revolted...

Californian's are dealing with nasty electrical shortages, but are
coping...

To get the loss of a utility (even a basic necessity) to spur on an
interior problem of enough magnitude...  Well, for whatever it's worth,
whole lot of Americans place a lot of faith (however misguided this may
be)
in their politicians.

That being said, I'd place more faith in a political topic, or
power-grab/shift higher up, as an underlieing cause, with a shortage of
some essential as the trigger.

Think Vietnam, Equal-Rights, and gas-shortage sized problems...  And
then
add in something really nasty.	Maybe great-depression or worse.

Even then, I'm not sure if it'd be enough.  Maybe a states-rights issue
tossed in.

Oh, and the politicians not being able to find a convenient fall-guy,
like
Iraq, Russian, or Osama...

Rand.