Prev: [OT] armor penatration - angle is important Next: Re: Opinion - Respect = Re: [OT] Frog Bashing

Re: Opinion - Respect = Re: [OT] Frog Bashing

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@w...>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 20:07:18 +1000
Subject: Re: Opinion - Respect = Re: [OT] Frog Bashing

From: "Tony Christney" <tchristney@telus.net>

> I just wish that people would consider that there may in fact be
> Muslims, French, Poles, Italians, etc. on this list, and they
> have a right to be treated with respect

But there are cultural differences.

Let's see, in the past I've been known to be scathing about
Yanks, Poms, Frogs, put in a *zing* about the perils of being
a neighbour to Germany, and if there's anyone else I've been
less than tactful with, my apologies for forgetting them. I'll
be tactless with you too in time.

All I can say is that Australians tend to be a bit more forthright
than polite. (You never would have guessed, right? :-) )

And as regards myself, I sometimes don't let fairness or justice
interfere with having a good poke at some group or other.

I can't recall insulting anyone deliberately on this list. So if
anyone feels insulted by any of my posts, just let me know and I'll
express what poor apologies I can. And if anyone thinks I've been
not just "frank and forthright" but "rude and obnoxious", then
you'd be doing me a favour to advise me to Shut the Farnarckle Up.

I won't be offended. Aussies of neccessity have hides like the

Prev: [OT] armor penatration - angle is important Next: Re: Opinion - Respect = Re: [OT] Frog Bashing