Prev: RE: Re: Earth Map Next: RE: Re: [OT] French was: [SG]Artillery

Re: [OT] French was: [SG]Artillery

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 19:00:36 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: [OT] French was: [SG]Artillery

On Tue, 28 May 2002, Ryan Gill wrote:

> But the British were defending France. Had France gone it alone, it'd
> have had far more problems. France's response to the war shouldn't
> have been "Yaaay, we won!", rather it should have been, "We're really
> damn glad you guys were here!"

Valid point. On the other hand, with all the losses involved on their
side
(as well as on their allies' side), I can hardly blame them for feeling
that way. (Sort of hard to swallow otherwise...)

> >into the war with something of an 'unfair' advantage; they had the
> >advantage of having seen their allies make all the mistakes already,
and
> >didn't have to make all those mistakes again, themselves.
>
> So the US leadership actually paid attention and didn't let their men
> get used as replacements like the other two allies wanted them to be
> used. As more cannon fodder for their high commanders.

True. On the other hand, I think making the required changes is a LOT
easier when you're not already in there up to the neck.

Cheers,

Prev: RE: Re: Earth Map Next: RE: Re: [OT] French was: [SG]Artillery