Prev: Re: Earth Map Next: Re: "My mob"

Star Wars: Ep II (ish) 25mm Figures

From: "Tomb" <tomb@d...>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 12:56:20 -0400
Subject: Star Wars: Ep II (ish) 25mm Figures

If no one has seen them yet, I picked up a couple of the new star wars
figs from WOTC this weekend - a scout with a blaster and a padawan and
another cerean jedi with lightsabers. Nice figs, other than the big
square base (likely to be removed from mine), they seem to be true 25mm.

I compared them favorably to an ESU Heavy Infantry figure. Flash seems
to be very minimal and they are well sculpted*[1] and they would appear
to be good figures for sci fi (I can see some of them serving as local
forces, ships troops, etc).

I don't know yet if they have sets. OTOH, At about $4 US per, they
weren't the cheapest figures I've ever bought. Now I'm trying to figure
out how to paint a lightsaber.... my first guess is using the "Cho (as
in Albert) technique" - paint the blade white then paint over it with
clear blue, clear red, etc from the tamiya line (thicker translucent
paints). Will post some pics if this comes out at all tolerably.

Full Metal Jedi anyone?

:)

Tomb
[1] They have good detail and good proportion. OTOH, many (witness one
of the Naboo Gaurd figures) incredibly stupid poses - the figure in
question has his blaster pointed off to the left meanwhile his right arm
is crossed (uncomfortably) across his body pointing right... he looks
like he's trying to do some sort of fancy new dance move.... and there
are quite a few figures in this line that seem to fit that "awkward
moment" design ethic. But if you find good ones, they seem to be well
done. Just be selective.

T.

Prev: Re: Earth Map Next: Re: "My mob"