Prev: Re: Earth Map Next: RE: Majordomo results

Re: [SG] Artillery

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 22:34:57 -0400
Subject: Re: [SG] Artillery

John said:
> Actually, given the depths of incompetence
> demonstrated by Iran and Iraq in the past few decades,
> tougher than _them_ doesn't mean much.

But they both have a fairly large population.  Iraq in particular
would put up an enthusiastic fight at being taken over by Sunni.  And
the kicker--not only does the Saudi-Egypt alliance have to take them
over, they have to do it fast enough and forcefully enough to make the
rest of the world acquiesce.

> You're assuming a sudden ability to produce junior
> officers worth something?  It's dubious to me, but
> your universe is your univere.

I wouldn't have thought of 150 years as sudden.  If you import eg
US/UK cadre, I'd imagine you could have pretty fair troops a lot

Prev: Re: Earth Map Next: RE: Majordomo results