Prev: Mission Foulups Next: shiptool v0.18 has been released

Re: European Merchants of Death, Inc

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@w...>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 19:00:59 +1000
Subject: Re: European Merchants of Death, Inc

From: "Derk Groeneveld" <derk@cistron.nl>

> > Oh this has nothing to do with military security, just something
very
commercially
> > embaressing. Quite funny too, in a cynical kind of way.
>
> Not going to comment on that either ;)

Wise man.

Still, there's a happy ending. COSYS has had 6 sales recently to the
Malaysians,
with another 21 (!!!) in the offing.

BTW, to lurkers, I once worked with HSA - Hollandse Signaal Apparaten,
before it
got eaten by the French Thomson group and had its name changed to Thales
http://www.signaal.thomson-csf.com/ now http://www.thales-nederland.nl/.

TACTICOS is mentioned at
http://www.thales-nederland.nl/thales_naval_nederland/html/combat_manage
ment
.html

Later, I worked with STN-Atlas,
http://www.stnatlas.com/sae/eHauptframe.htm
formerly
Krupp-Atlas, which then got sold to Bremer-Vulkan Shipyards, then
Deutsche
Aerospace, then Rheinmetall, and is now mostly owned by British
Aerospace I
think.

COSYS is mentioned (briefly) at
http://www.stnatlas.com/sae/eHauptframe.htm?/sae/englisch/marine/eFuewes
_ueb
erw.htm
and the malaysian configuration at
http://www.atlas.de/sae/pdf/Newsletter/NewsletterSTNATLAS1101.pdf
(Standard vanilla COSYS-110 OPV system by the looks of the diagram)

A quote from the stn-atlas site re a recent minesweeping programme:
"The sonar will be realized jointly by STN ATLAS and Thales. The
underwater
vehicle
will be supplied by SAAB Bofors of Sweden."

Ye Gods. So Oerjan's mob is in on it too. This is hilarious.

Prev: Mission Foulups Next: shiptool v0.18 has been released