Prev: Re: OT 1:1 scale vehicle transport and Tracked Road Kill Next: KI-72 Planetary System

Re: Now that I've gotten things fixed. . .

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 18:04:33 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Now that I've gotten things fixed. . .

--- Laserlight <laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote:

> > Varangians don't take orders from Greeks well.  On
> the
> > other hand, almost anyone takes orders from
> > power-armored behemoths with Danish war axes.
>
> If they're around.  I can see "misunderstandings"
> arising--"that's
> *your* position?  Sorry, kyrios, thought that's
> where you wanted the
> artillery pattern."

Ah. . . artillery calls for fire in the NRE Army are
transmitted digitally, not by voice unless there are
special circumstances.	The power armor lases the
target, the operator selects from a menu of
preprogrammed requests based on the target type, and
it's burst-transmitted to an AI Fire Direction Center,
which processes it, assigns a priority, and sends the
data to an artillery battery which actually fires the
mission.

Furthermore, getting froggy with Varangians is a
questionable career move.  They do report straight to
the Emperor.

Besides which, most Greeks aren't stupid--they like
having halfbreed Germanic/Slavic semi-barbarians
around to do crazy frontal assaults and rear guard
actions that burn up troops.

John

LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience

Prev: Re: OT 1:1 scale vehicle transport and Tracked Road Kill Next: KI-72 Planetary System