Prev: Re: Harpoon on the PC Next: Re: Now that I've gotten things fixed. . .

Re: OT 1:1 scale vehicle transport and Tracked Road Kill

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 17:56:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: OT 1:1 scale vehicle transport and Tracked Road Kill

--- Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:
> At 6:52 PM -0700 5/18/02, John Atkinson wrote:
> >
> >Ummm. . . I hit the HMMWV.  HMMWV lost, and my
> >fearless platoon leader swears he came within 8
> inches
> >of my end connectors.
>
> You know that's not really good for relations with
> the CO....Was your
> CO in it at the time?

Yup.  Him, his driver, my platoon leader, my platoon
sergeant.

See, what happened was that the brakes failed.	Brakes
had been dodgy on this vehicle for about 3 weeks.  We
had it in writing that we'd been reporting this
problem and I had witnesses who could swear that I
expressed a serious problem with driving the vehicle
and got overridden.

My CO didn't say a single negative word to me, but he
roundly cussed out my PL and PSG (for ordering me to
drive it).  I thought he was going to throw his kevlar
at my PL, but he settled for chucking it at his HMMWV.

3 times.

> >Nope.  First, it was the M728, second it's out of
> the
> >inventory.  Actually I drive an M60A1 AVLB.
>
> Hmm. Have you played with the new (or is it still
> prototype) M1Abrams
> based AVLB or Grizzly?

Grizzly is DOA.  Wolverine is only in service with
588th, but our Batallion Commander swears we are
getting them in December.  :)

> >I was up until about a month ago.  You see, it's
> the
> >same MOS and they rotate people from the line to
> A&O
> >regularly.
>
> but then all those folks need training on that
> particular vehicle's
> operation and maintenance work....

Yeah.  It was, until 1996, a seperate MOS (12F) but
they got merged as a "cost saving" measure.

John

LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience

Prev: Re: Harpoon on the PC Next: Re: Now that I've gotten things fixed. . .