Prev: Re: Blake's 7 BEAD SHIP Next: Re: Bugs, usted to be Wolfman's grav tank model

Re: [FT] Fighters, - this time its not the balance argument!

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@a...>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 03:37:40 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Fighters, - this time its not the balance argument!

In one of my own ship-to-ship systems (homebrew spaceship game),
to build fighers and other small spacecraft, I just used the ship
construction rules,
and scaled up the fighters.  (ie: a heavy fighter would use escort or
frigate stats)
And then I added stats for the various fighter components:  Cockpits,
sensors, ect.
When the fighter is done, just scale the cost/size back down again...

Seemed to work pretty well.

Donald Hosford