Prev: Re: [FT] Battlecruisers vs. battleships Next: Re: Blake's 7 BEAD SHIP

Re: German lesson II: Kravak

From: "Alan E Brain"<aebrain@w...>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 16:24:48 +1000
Subject: Re: German lesson II: Kravak

>> Kafers (no umlaut for me...)
>
>Just for info: the proper way to handle the Umlaut if you can't print
the
>dots at the top is to add an 'e' after the vowel.

>The reason is that the Umlaut is not just a variant sound. It carries
>meaning and can be very confusing if not used.

In other words, don't leave the uml out.

>How come the 2300 author based their stuff on German ?

Antwort(en)
a) ( Deutsch ) Ich weiss nicht.
b) ( Dutch/Vlaams ) Ik weet et niet.
c) (Francais/Wallonaise) Je ne c'est quoi porquois
d) ( Shakespearean English ) I wit it not
e) Bugadifino

Prev: Re: [FT] Battlecruisers vs. battleships Next: Re: Blake's 7 BEAD SHIP