Prev: RE: Fighters options please Next: RE: Re: Fighters options please

RE: [FT] Fighter combat

From: "Alfie Finch" <alfie.finch@b...>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 23:26:54 +0100
Subject: RE: [FT] Fighter combat

It does raise the question of why were the fighter endurance
rules changed in the first place ? In MT the rules were ;

Fighter Endurance
Fighters are assumed to only have a limited combat endurance,
due to restrictions on the life support and munitions that they
can carry. To simulate this dependency on a carrier, they are
considered to have a combat endurance of three turns of combat.
Fighters may ‘loiter’ for as long as they like, but if firing,
or fired upon, they use one turn of combat endurance.

I agree with the removal on the time limit to return to carrier
after CEF is used up, but there must have been some reason why
CEF was increased from 3 to 6 in the first place ?

>SNIP<

Rgds,

Alfie

Prev: RE: Fighters options please Next: RE: Re: Fighters options please