Prev: Re: [FT] Fighters, - this time its not the balance argument! Next: Re: [FT] Fighter combat

Re: Fighters

From: "Chan Faunce" <cfaunce@w...>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 10:20:06 -0400
Subject: Re: Fighters

One of the changes I am going to try when I run a B5 scenario (using FT3
designs) is to let all pulse weapons (standard FT3 Class-X beam
batteries)
fire against fighters. Each weapon will roll 1 die, with rerolls and
have 6"
range (just as normal PDS) but would subtract the class of the weapon
from
any damage. This represents the fact that few ships in B5, at least as
represented in B5W, (which is what I'm using for conversions) carry
dedicated anti-fighter weapons. It also represents the difficulties of
hitting with really large weapons: You need to roll a 6, reroll a 6, and
then 4+ to do any damage with Class-4s.

Does combining this with 'PDS attack any fighter within 6 inches' reduce
the
effectivness of massed fighter attacks enough? I'm not too concerned
about
making attacks by 1-2 fighter groups totally worthless (I feel that they
already are).