Prev: RE: Fighters options please Next: RE: FB designs & fighters (& strawmen)

Re: Fighters options please

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 00:34:52 -0400
Subject: Re: Fighters options please

From: Robertson, Brendan
 >From what I've been able to decipher so far:
>
> 1. let PDS attack every squadron that attacks.

1a. if so, adjust PDS to-hit *down* so ships don't become invincible

> 2. increase the points and mass up the wazoo.
2a. Or tamper with requirements for carriers, not fighters, to avoid
soap bubbles.

> 3. let class-2 and above take pot shots at any range
> 4. adjust the effectiveness of PDS to close to scatterpack results
> 5. shoot whoever started the thread.

I don't recall #5 but if so, take a number.  There's a long line ahead
of you.  Don't expect your turn until at least GZGECC VII.

> 6. reduce the endurance of fighters
6a. charge endurance for every turn fighters are in flight, not just
combat and secondary moves

7. Allow mixed tech (plasma, scatterpacks) as a way of balancing
fighters

Prev: RE: Fighters options please Next: RE: FB designs & fighters (& strawmen)