Prev: Re: Fighters Next: Re: Laserlight's post

Re: RAID!

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 19:31:58 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: RAID!

On Tue, 7 May 2002, John Atkinson wrote:

> --- DAWGFACE47@webtv.net wrote:
>
> > SITREP;   you are the NCOIC of a MP detachment
>
> Well. . .
>
> It depends on your ROE.
>
> Personally, my inclination is to simply surround the
> motel at about 0200 and zip-strip everyone in the
> building.  Sort 'em out once you have them secured.
>
> As for the local cops, roll an armored car and a team
> or two of MPs and park in front of the cop station and
> strongly suggest to the chief that he might not want
> to interfer in my operation.

Dawgie's scenario probably had a bit too much hardware on the MP's side.
Trim it down to, say, 2 jeeps, 1 armoured car, and trucks for the rest
of
the MPs, and maybe the locals will rise to the bait... (until the VTOL
gunship Quick Reaction Force arrives to extract the MPs)

If they're meek, polite and helpful to the MPs with overwhelming
firepower, you haven't got much of a scenario! :> Let them think they've
got half a chance, and they'll go at it. Or let the local cell of
resistance/terrorist types get advance word of the operation, so they
can
jump the MP convoy as it rolls into town.

Or, of course, you could just run it as written, and rely on standard
wargamer bloody-mindedness to bring the local's out! As a group, we're
far
more likely to want to refight the Camerone than Dunkirk! ("What,
retreat
into some sh*tty little boats? There's Germans over there I haven't
killed! Charge!!!" - General Sir Idiot Bloodthirsty-Wargamer, France,
1941.)

Really evil GMs, with the connivance of the 'local' player, would spring
the ambush as the MP's *left* town, after they'd hit the hotel!

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -
- http://wind.prohosting.com/~warbard/games.html -