Prev: [FMA] Full Metal Azathoth (was Re: '20s Boats....) Next: Re: FB designs & fighters

Re: FB designs & fighters

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 21:56:59 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: FB designs & fighters

On  6-May-02 at 19:03, Eric Foley (stiltman@teleport.com) wrote:
> [...]

21 PDS is a sure kill for three salvo missiles.  If I bring 3 Jerez
cruisers I can drop 6 on you.  They will drop 21 submunitions.	You
will average kills on 16.8 leaving 4.2 for a damage of 14.7.  Add
to that 9 class 2's in 24" and I do 21.9 damage.  Should be a
threshold.  In return (ignoring SMs for now) you have 13 dice of
beams, or 10.4 damage.	 You do a threshold to me, I threshold
you.  I feel pretty good about the start.  As a matter of
fact it looks like the battle will be determined by how well I
dodge you Salvos.  You don't have the option of dodging mine.
I would say we are within 10%.

>  And in a beam fight, this ship beats anything
> the FSE has at similar cost for free...

You are wrong.	The numbers don't lie.	I'm not even counting
on getting in your aft arcs.

> I can shave off a SMR and maybe a class-2 and
> add some more PDS for it; my firepower superiority won't be
significantly
> affected and their chances of getting any real missile hits go from
merely
> slim to downright miniscule.

If you want to design a ship to beat my Jerez's I'm sure you can.  But
if you have to have a specific design to beat my stock FB ships I'll
feel pretty good about the fact that you have not found a loophole.

If you take the same NPV of fighters I lose.

I'll rest my case.

Prev: [FMA] Full Metal Azathoth (was Re: '20s Boats....) Next: Re: FB designs & fighters