Prev: Re: Decoys [DS] Next: Re: '20s boats - was Re: DLD's latest conniving plan....

Re: (OT)(SG2) A question, to ARV or not to ARV...

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 19:21:18 EDT
Subject: Re: (OT)(SG2) A question, to ARV or not to ARV...

On Mon, 06 May 2002 12:36:45 -0500 Allan Goodall <agoodall@att.net>
writes:
<snip>
>I would have use for a CEV (assuming I got the acronyms right). An
>ARV?
>Probably not. The SG2 rules don't allow you to fix disabled vehicles
>in the
>field...

Campaign, campaign, campaign. You hold the field, you get X% 'destroyed
vehicles back next day/game/battle (roll a D12 and 1-2, it's
operational,
3-4 it's damaged, 5 it's got mobility problems (think improv pill box IF
you have a ARV to tow it in position,) and 6 it's fully mobile but the
gun doesn't work (decoy anyone?) 7+ It has to go to Depot.

Damaged vehicles are repaired 1-9 on a D12 if a dedicated Repair unit is
employed (no other functions allowed) Can sub one ARV (not available in
next battle) or two CEV (just to make something of a decision call.)
Realistic?  Maybe not but it gives a reason to have/deploy those
vehicles
beyond the obvious ones...

Experts may now carp freely...

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: Decoys [DS] Next: Re: '20s boats - was Re: DLD's latest conniving plan....