Prev: Re: (OT)(SG2) A question, to ARV or not to ARV... Next: Re: (OT)(SG2) A question, to ARV or not to ARV...

Re: Decoys [DS]

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 19:21:18 EDT
Subject: Re: Decoys [DS]

Thank you for the accurate summary, O.O. - Excellent point and one near
and dear to my DS2 freak heart!

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

On Mon, 06 May 2002 21:56:49 +0200 Oerjan Ohlson
<oerjan.ohlson@telia.com> writes:
>Tomb wrote:
>
>>2. Decoys
>>Oerjan, Beth.... thanks for the feedback. Allow me to take a contrary
>
>>opinion. Oerjan maintains
>>decoys are beneath the DS2 granularity, I say not. Why? They are NOT
>>beneath the SG2
>>granularity, and SG2 has ECM and Decoys.
>
>Tomb... you may not have noticed this <g>, but the DS2 mechanics are
>less
>detailed than the SG2 ones for *all* weapon types. This is for a
>reason: if
>you attempt to play a battalion-sized engagement with SG2-level
>detail, the
>game plays very slowly. If all *other* weapon types are less detailed
>in
>DS2 than they are in SG2, why would GMSs and their counter-systems be
>an
>exception?
>
>Harmonizing DS2 and SG2 only works to up to a certain point - and when
>you
>go past that point (and IMO you're well on the way past it), you
>effectively end up with a single game (SG2) played with two different
>terrain scales - 1/400, with 15mm or 25mm figures, and 1/4000, with
>6mm models.
>
>Regards,
>
>Oerjan
>oerjan.ohlson@telia.com
>
>"Life is like a sewer.
>  What you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
>-Hen3ry

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: (OT)(SG2) A question, to ARV or not to ARV... Next: Re: (OT)(SG2) A question, to ARV or not to ARV...